I’m sure we all know who this moderator is, he timed my account on the forums for 2 weeks for mentioning Scott June and flats, then banned my account after I made a thread (swear word free) about how I felt about the survivor role nerfs and quitting the game at 4.4k hours. In less than 5 minutes of posting before I was banned my thread was locked and deleted and I was banned for harassment.
Anyone else have stories about them?
OG Forum Moderation Criticism
-
Jester_Vittorio
- Newcomer
- Posts: 2
- Registered for: 9 days
OG Forum Moderation Criticism
Last edited by skittlesthehusky on Wed Sep 23, 2026 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adjusted to be constructive
Reason: Adjusted to be constructive
- skittlesthehusky
- Site Admin
- Posts: 52
- Registered for: 9 months
- Contact:
Re: Balrog hate thread
this is a firm, one-time reminder that while i encourage people to be open about their opinions of things, people still need to be treated with an amount of respect!!!
for those who participate: do not use this thread to dogpile or harass. as for you OP, i will be renaming your thread and making some adjustments to be more constructive, but i will allow your post to remain as-is for context.
for the overall moderation, i can agree that balrog tended to be quite overzealous at times. there's been a repeat history of them being quite heavy handed and inconsistent with how they treated users. but this isn't entirely unique to them, and i feel that it is because moderators were being instructed to give users their own criteria to justify bans or deletions based on user history. this explains why some users, like Pulsar who has been the community favorite for the longest time, received much more favoritism than someone like Undedd_Jester.
frankly, the moderation on majority of the platforms they have feels more vibes-based than actual guidelines. this didn't help with the intentional vagueness of the rules. without tin-foil hatting too much, i think the banning of users who were known to be very active was also intentional in order to find an excuse to off the forums. which... more power to them, but it was really harmful to their perception.
for those who participate: do not use this thread to dogpile or harass. as for you OP, i will be renaming your thread and making some adjustments to be more constructive, but i will allow your post to remain as-is for context.
for the overall moderation, i can agree that balrog tended to be quite overzealous at times. there's been a repeat history of them being quite heavy handed and inconsistent with how they treated users. but this isn't entirely unique to them, and i feel that it is because moderators were being instructed to give users their own criteria to justify bans or deletions based on user history. this explains why some users, like Pulsar who has been the community favorite for the longest time, received much more favoritism than someone like Undedd_Jester.
frankly, the moderation on majority of the platforms they have feels more vibes-based than actual guidelines. this didn't help with the intentional vagueness of the rules. without tin-foil hatting too much, i think the banning of users who were known to be very active was also intentional in order to find an excuse to off the forums. which... more power to them, but it was really harmful to their perception.
Re: OG Forum Moderation Criticism
I do agree with our admin, in that people should be treated with a grain of respect, even how much they pissed you off at some point.
Though, I understand the frustration, as I have also had my run-ins with Balrog (and Rizzo in the past), for seemingly tame stuff.
And the escalation system used on the official forums is a bit confuzzling at times.
Though, I understand the frustration, as I have also had my run-ins with Balrog (and Rizzo in the past), for seemingly tame stuff.
And the escalation system used on the official forums is a bit confuzzling at times.
"A scratched mirror a day keeps the tilt away"
"You have probably heard of Elf on a shelf, but have you heard of Sable on a Table?"

https://discord.gg/HvJ66Axprg - DBD Forums Refugees
"You have probably heard of Elf on a shelf, but have you heard of Sable on a Table?"

https://discord.gg/HvJ66Axprg - DBD Forums Refugees
- CogsTurning
- Forum Moderator
- Posts: 4
- Registered for: 5 months
Re: OG Forum Moderation Criticism
Though Balrog did in the end do me a solid when I asked for help with something, the moderation was beyond whim-based. There was a lot of favoritism. I would watch people get hit for the most minor of things while many of us did much worse. You never knew if you'd get dinged, and it made so many people stop talking. The escalation system also needed a decay. A warning ftom 5 years ago should be irreverent.
𝓟𝓾𝓵𝓿𝓲𝓼 𝓮𝓽 𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓻𝓪 𝓼𝓾𝓶𝓾𝓼


-
Jester_Vittorio
- Newcomer
- Posts: 2
- Registered for: 9 days
Re: OG Forum Moderation Criticism
I can’t respect some one that used their power as a mod to shut down criticism they didn’t like because of how they were feeling that day. That mod went after my posts a lot and would just edit out whole points I would try to make about survivor or why Jason is able to reload off the hook he just put a survivor on. I wasn’t calling anyone out, I wasn’t swearing, but that wouldn’t stop him from removing lines of text I thought out and put to post and he would come along edit half my posts out for “no using YouTuber names” or just blantent “I don’t like how you said this one thing was “moronic” so I took out half your posts relating to the subject”
The dbd forum mods were absolute power trippers that wanted to force their desires and opinions on the game and rather than debate with the rest of us the moment one of us made a point the mods didn’t like we were just gone no questions asked.
I just can’t respect some one like that.
The dbd forum mods were absolute power trippers that wanted to force their desires and opinions on the game and rather than debate with the rest of us the moment one of us made a point the mods didn’t like we were just gone no questions asked.
I just can’t respect some one like that.
Last edited by Karu_TC on Wed Sep 23, 2026 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited to comply with Post Etiquette 1 (and tidy up edit note)
Reason: Edited to comply with Post Etiquette 1 (and tidy up edit note)
- skittlesthehusky
- Site Admin
- Posts: 52
- Registered for: 9 months
- Contact:
Re: OG Forum Moderation Criticism
part of that leans into what i was talking about how BHVR was likely instructing their moderators to behave. this behavior was not unique to balrog as this same behavior also exists on other platforms, including the discord in which i am personally permanently banned from for nothing more than a measly joke.Jester_Vittorio wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2026 5:10 pm I can’t respect some one that used their power as a mod to shut down criticism they didn’t like because of how they were feeling that day. That mod went after my posts a lot and would just edit out whole points I would try to make about survivor or why Jason is able to reload off the hook he just put a survivor on. I wasn’t calling anyone out, I wasn’t swearing, but that wouldn’t stop him from removing lines of text I thought out and put to post and he would come along edit half my posts out for “no using YouTuber names” or just blantent “I don’t like how you said this one thing was “moronic” so I took out half your posts relating to the subject”
The dbd forum mods were absolute power trippers that wanted to force their desires and opinions on the game and rather than debate with the rest of us the moment one of us made a point the mods didn’t like we were just gone no questions asked.
I just can’t respect some one like that.
there is a chance that balrog is one of the many social media managers that was paid to crack down and adhere to performance reports.
while you're expected to not respect their decision-making, at the minimum do we require respect to the individual here when we criticize their decisions.
Re: OG Forum Moderation Criticism
To be fair, I would probably hold a grudge against them too if I were in your shoes.Jester_Vittorio wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2026 5:10 pm I can’t respect some one that used their power as a mod to shut down criticism they didn’t like because of how they were feeling that day. That mod went after my posts a lot and would just edit out whole points I would try to make about survivor or why Jason is able to reload off the hook he just put a survivor on. I wasn’t calling anyone out, I wasn’t swearing, but that wouldn’t stop him from removing lines of text I thought out and put to post and he would come along edit half my posts out for “no using YouTuber names” or just blantent “I don’t like how you said this one thing was “moronic” so I took out half your posts relating to the subject”
The dbd forum mods were absolute power trippers that wanted to force their desires and opinions on the game and rather than debate with the rest of us the moment one of us made a point the mods didn’t like we were just gone no questions asked.
I just can’t respect some one like that.
"A scratched mirror a day keeps the tilt away"
"You have probably heard of Elf on a shelf, but have you heard of Sable on a Table?"

https://discord.gg/HvJ66Axprg - DBD Forums Refugees
"You have probably heard of Elf on a shelf, but have you heard of Sable on a Table?"

https://discord.gg/HvJ66Axprg - DBD Forums Refugees

