taking the brief opportunity to directly link a couple of videos from Paulie Esther and Arcturus that go over this topic, both having been uploaded recently at the time of this post.
og forums discussion masterpost
- skittlesthehusky
- Site Admin
- Posts: 52
- Registered for: 9 months
- Contact:
- MechWarrior3
- Newcomer
- Posts: 1
- Registered for: 4 days
Re: og forums discussion masterpost
Its been X amount of days since Mandy has announced that the forums on DBD was being deleted. I am not gonna lie. I am still not over it. Its hitting a little harder to home than I thought It was going to. (Excuse my typos and poor organization on this post...I am tired.)
I am also angry with behavior that they are not evening willing to preserve us. Just straight up raw knowledge, data all of it..deleted.
I am also angry with behavior that they are not evening willing to preserve us. Just straight up raw knowledge, data all of it..deleted.
Last edited by MechWarrior3 on Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ill die with honor!"
Re: og forums discussion masterpost
Between removing the forums and moving to such an inferior way of getting feedback with Discord. its left me with such a bad taste in the mouth. Yet another time BHVR has disrespected their player base.
Re: og forums discussion masterpost
It felt like a gut punch to be honest.MechWarrior3 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:29 am Its been X amount of days since Many has announced that the forums on DBD was being deleted. I am not gonna lie. I am still not over it. Its hitting a little harder to home than I thought It was going to. (Excuse my typos and poor organization on this post...I am tired.)
I am also angry with behavior that they are not evening willing to preserve us. Just straight up raw knowledge, data all of it..deleted.
I wish they could at least put in some effort to preserve what history has been written there.
But no, that would unfortunately be up to the community to spend time on doing.
"A scratched mirror a day keeps the tilt away"
"You have probably heard of Elf on a shelf, but have you heard of Sable on a Table?"

https://discord.gg/HvJ66Axprg - DBD Forums Refugees
"You have probably heard of Elf on a shelf, but have you heard of Sable on a Table?"

https://discord.gg/HvJ66Axprg - DBD Forums Refugees
-
HexSlugged
- Newcomer
- Posts: 4
- Registered for: 4 days
Re: og forums discussion masterpost
Hello all. thanks to the person who created a solution to the forums being murdered. Discord is a horrible place for every company to force down your throat. its not simple to navigate when its designed in such a way that discord wasnt built to operate, i do not understand what the problem with the forum is.
Steam forums are the most low quality cesspit that exists for dbd discussions. reddit is shitposting 80% of the posts or more substance less garbage and discord isnt a forum.
killing the forums which i would say are plenty active is a weird decision and is definitely where the highest quality discussions can be had (of course most wasnt quality but at least it existed)
Steam forums are the most low quality cesspit that exists for dbd discussions. reddit is shitposting 80% of the posts or more substance less garbage and discord isnt a forum.
killing the forums which i would say are plenty active is a weird decision and is definitely where the highest quality discussions can be had (of course most wasnt quality but at least it existed)
- skittlesthehusky
- Site Admin
- Posts: 52
- Registered for: 9 months
- Contact:
Re: og forums discussion masterpost
hello! that would be me. glad i can offer a place to stayHexSlugged wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:08 pm Hello all. thanks to the person who created a solution to the forums being murdered. Discord is a horrible place for every company to force down your throat. its not simple to navigate when its designed in such a way that discord wasnt built to operate, i do not understand what the problem with the forum is.
[snip]
the forum worked against BHVR extensively from what it seems like. open criticism, unanswered questions, poor management and misuse of forum features, history that reflects badly, cost cutting, etc. can all be driving factors. either way, its a net negative. i also heavily dislike the notion of everybody pushing discord as this "magical place to be". even discord itself struggles to be a 'catch-all' platform and its development team knows this.
it's all around just really, really bad.

